Panera Bread Franchises
The future growth of Panera Bread will be based upon company bakery-cafe development as well as the continued sale of franchise area development agreements.
Panera Bread does not sell single-unit franchises, so it is not possible to open just one bakery-cafe. Rather, we have chosen to develop by selling market areas which require the franchise developer to open a number of units, typically 15 bakery-cafes in a period of 6 years.
Panera Bread franchises must be well-capitalized to open great bakery-cafes and meet this aggressive development schedule. Additionally, they must have a proven track record as excellent multi-unit restaurant operators to operate great Panera Bread bakery-cafes.
Applicants must meet these criteria to gain consideration for a Panera Bread franchise:
- Experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator
- Recognition as a top restaurant operator
- Net worth of $7.5 million
- Liquid assets of $3 million
- Infrastructure and resources to meet our development schedule
- Real estate experience in the market to be developed
- Total commitment to the development of the Panera Bread brand
- Cultural fit and a passion for fresh bread